the hungry duck Sydney restaurants

Monday, November 14, 2011

Jamie's Italian

Jamie's Italian

107 Pitt Street
8240 9000



Lines often signify great things. The apple iPhone 4s. Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows. Din Tai Fung. So if you see the line outside 107 Pitt St be aware that yes, it is the new Jamie Oliver restaurant. Yes its the first of Jamie's Italians in Australia. Yes there is a min 20 minute wait to get a buzzer. And yes its another hour wait after that buzzer to actually get a table. But dont worry, it serves some pretty good pasta and its served by some pretty good looking waiters.


We start off with the must order antipasti plank ($13 per head). When I say must order, every table orders this. And for good reason, its damn good.




We also share a Crispy Squid served with really garlicky mayo ($12). Crunchy goodness.


Our mains were the Bucatini Carbonara ($12), Truffle Risotto ($17) and a special of Pork chop served with Pumpkin ($26) (in order).





For desserts we had the Our Special Tiramisu ($9), the Creamy Panna Cotta ($8.50) and The Ultimate Brownie ($8.50)





The damage was $45 each which was actually quite good considering it was basically a three course meal and we ordered some sparkling water. I guess its also a bit of a novelty- I mean come on. It is Jamie Oliver. I liked it but wouldn't really say that its worth waiting an hour for.

The Good: Reasonably priced food, celebrity chef (ish), cute waiters and cool atmosphere

The Bad: Feel sorry for all the people who were still in line at 9pm waiting

Jamie's Italian on Urbanspoon



6 comments:

  1. Agreed - the antipasti was probably the highlight of my meal. I wonder if I could just go for that at the bar, without the wait...?!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow seems like the novelty hasn't worn off and people are still waiting 2 hours to get served. Would love to go but not prepared to wait that long.....

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the review. I sure as hell won't wait 2 hours for food I can replicate better at home.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hmmm, I'm attempting to go here on Wednesday night, but I'm not going to wait for that long...my tummy would not be happy with me.

    ReplyDelete
  5. that antipasti and poached eggs looks good! do u know we visited this place on the same night? :p

    ReplyDelete
  6. I found the food underwhelming too and I wasn't even swayed by the hype! Thankfully the 'brownie' was a great finish for me. Then again, any chocolate fondant would have been. LOL

    ReplyDelete