the hungry duck Sydney restaurants

Sunday, June 19, 2011

Three Tone Cafe, Haymarket

Three Tone Cafe,

Shop 8, 405 Sussex Street Sydney


Last week smh wrote an article about some of the best cafes in Sydney. Mentioned in their article http://www.smh.com.au/entertainment/blogs/table-talk/wake-up-and-smell-the-coffee-the-smh-good-cafe-guide-is-here-20110617-1g897.html was Three Tone Cafe.

Three Tone Cafe in the middle of Sussex and Dixon Streets and you don't really notice it other than for a little blackboard sign outside the cafe. So after hearing about it my sister & I decided that we would come for breakfast and give their coffee a try.


The menu has a bit of everything... pastas, big breakfasts, open grill sandwiches and various vietnamese foods





And the coffee!!





Eggs Benedict

Not the typical sourdough eggs benedict.. although it was very pretty it was very generous and hearty. The additional salad leaves were actually really good because it make the breakfast a bit more balanced. I wished my poached egg was a bit more runny though..



Big Breakfast

Now for $11.90 this was fricking huge. D & I managed to get through only half of this (mostly the mushrooms and the sausage) and most of the toast was untouched. The serving size was biggggg.




Overall it was okay... I found the coffee to be good but I dont know if I can rave about it. It certainly is better than most of the cafes around Haymarket though.

Three Tone Cafe on Urbanspoon

No comments:

Post a Comment