the hungry duck Sydney restaurants

Friday, June 3, 2011

Bacco Wine Bar Pasticceria QVB

Bacco Wine Bar Pasticceria



Shop 24-27, Level 2 QVB

455 George Street Sydney

(02) 9264 2155


Thursday night is shopping night and what other way to complement shopping than to dine and wine in the QVB? J & I made a last minute decision to have dinner that night and catch up on each others lives. We were in luck as I was able to book ahead and we were seated outside.



J's favourite food is pasta and we've been on a hunt for some of the best pasta places in Sydney. Originally we were going to have lunch at Ragu Wine Bar but its been too busy at work to take a long lunch break.


Oh no! The two dishes that we ordered are not on the website menu! Crap.. I have no idea what the names of the dishes were as they were in Italian.. So here goes my best attempt..


ORECCHIETTE with fresh tuna, brocolli and pine nuts

Okay so I ordered this dish so I sort of remember what was in it. The orecchiette (no idea how to pronounce this) was perfectly cooked and the tuna was very succulent. Only thing is I felt like this dish was a bit too 'fishy'.. it needed some more olives or something else to balance out the flavours. But I was pretty happy anyways!




PACCHERI with cherry tomatoes and something else...

This was J's dish and I think he enjoyed it so it must have been good. I only got a small taste of it so I honestly cannot remember exactly what's in it. I think it had salted ricotta cheese on top.



bellissimo!








We also ordered the Caprese bruschetta which was wood fired sourdough bread with cherry tomato, boccochini cheese and oregano. Initially I was a bit sceptical about $18 for a few slices of bread but after seeing other tables ordering it, we had to give it a try. And it was goooooodddddd.



How do they get the bread so crispy and thin? So I guess they must cut it first and then toast it, SO SMART. I wouldnt have done that. But now I know! This was delicious.




They also have a decent wine list in case anyone is interested. I liked it :)


Bacco Wine Bar Pasticceria, QVB on Urbanspoon

1 comment:

  1. Baacco The Community Based Wine MarketplaceIt's a so nice blog post. I really like this things. you can get more information about this things this

    ReplyDelete